ABOUT THE PROJECT
As Mississauga continues to evolve, so does our Official Plan.
The City’s Official Plan policies address important parts of city-building that affect everyone who lives and works in Mississauga, including transportation, housing, culture and heritage, the environment, and the economy.
The Official Plan addresses things like:
- where housing, industry, offices, shops, and roads should go
- which services and amenities (e.g. parks, schools, transit) are needed and where they will be located
- what parts of the city will be the focus for growth and what it will look like
- what must be considered for growth and development
We’re reviewing the existing Official Plan to ensure it reflects the changing needs, opportunities and aspirations of our city. The review process will:
- position the city for its next phase of growth until 2051 (time horizon based on proposed Amendment 1 to the provincial Growth Plan)
- incorporate new provincial legislation and regulations
- align with Region of Peel Official Plan(External link) amendments to various policy focus areas
- implement new policy initiatives and plans (e.g. Housing Strategy(External link), Dundas Connects Master Plan(External link), Transportation Master Plan, Climate Change Project)
- consider new trends, ideas and policy implications
- have a community engagement process
We launched the Official Plan Review at a Special Council meeting held on June 10, 2019. Read the report (External link) for further details.
For more information about the current Plan, visit: (External link) www.mississauga.ca/portal/residents/mississaugaofficialplan(External link)
Please see the Timeline on the right side of this page to learn about past project milestones and future phases of the Official Plan Review.
COVID-19 Community Engagement Update: While we continue to respond to this pandemic, we are working hard to deliver essential services and projects to keep our City moving and safe. While we can’t connect in-person at this time, we still want to connect! Please find on this site the ways you can keep updated on this project’s progress and share your opinions and ideas.
HAVE YOUR SAY
We all have a stake in the future of our city. Get involved and share your thoughts!